From IEEE UVic Student Branch Wiki
The main printer in the McNaughton Center is capable of wireless printing. This article will go over how to set up printing on your device.
- Go to Start -> Devices and Printers or Control Panel -> Devices and Printers
- Click Add a printer
- Click The printer that I want isn’t listed.
- Choose Select a shared printer by name and enter \\ieeesb1.ece.uvic.ca\broPrint
- Enter your Netlink ID (@uvic.ca) and Password.
- e.g. email@example.com
- Check Remember my credentials
- Try to connect to \\ieeesb1.ece.uvic.ca\ from Windows Explorer
- Make sure you're using the UVic domain when authenticating i.e. uvic\netlink or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Make sure you have network File and Printer Sharing enabled.
- If you get this message asking for drivers
- Go to the Brother Support Site (for the DCP-L2540DW) and download the Add Printer Wizard Driver.
- Extract the drivers.
- Direct the Add Printer Wizard to look in the folder you extracted the drivers to.
- Open up System Preferences and navigate to printers.
- Click the + button to add a printer
- While holding control, click Default, in the menu that appears click customize toolbar.
- Drag the advanced tab to the toolbar. Press done.
- Press the advanced tab and configure the options.
- Type: Windows Printer Via Spools, URL: smb://ieeesb1.ece.uvic.ca/broPrint
- Press Add, and type in your Netlink credentials